Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Joy Painted Platter

This was such a quick DIY that it was ridiculous!
 Our red and gold platter, that hangs on our living room wall, was calling for a touch of white to accent it for the Holiday's and blend with our decor.

Just use acrylic paint to stencil or freehand your work...I chose to free hand it since I didn't have a stencil on hand. The "O" took so, many attempts to get it even close to my final approval...it's good enough for me.
 Add some glitter, while the paint is wet, to add some festive sparkle!

 There's no need to seal it since I will be washing it off after the Holiday's are over. Think I might go with some white hearts for Valentine's Day!
Thanks for stopping by...now, I'm off to cut some boxwood to make some festive wreaths!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP

4 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Very cute idea here:) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

The Charm of Home said...

Your very welcome for the feature! Your home is just lovely! Have a Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Roeshel said...

So cute!

Merry Christmas, JP!

Stacey said...

Clever JP!
Merry Christmas!
Thanks for linking up!
Stacey of Embracing Change