Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Glitz....the Party's Over!

Sharing a re-cap from last year's glitz!

Wow! What a whirlwind this Holiday season has been!
Incorporating blogging into my daily life, at this time of year, was a real eye opener for me.  The fast pace of posting, linking and visiting, to share, keep in touch and make new friends sure was a challenge....damn you seasoned blogger's are GOOD! 
So, not to be one to miss out on an opportunity to share my talents, LAST NIGHT, I  decided to take on the task of creating a New Year's Eve Fireplace and Mantle.
Our plans to spend a few days with our best friends fell through so, we are now staying home to celebrate with one very special lady...my husband's, beautiful and very elegant, 90 year old, Mom!


As I mentioned, at the start, this was a very last minute creation... it kind of just happened as I "putzed" along and gathered most of my finds from around the house.  One quick trip to my nearby dollar store completed the scene to my content.
"Happy New Year" was added to the mirror, after most of the photos were taken, using a white paint marker...easily removable!

Here's the whole "shabang!"
Some of my pics show the white lights that I added then removed. I loved the lights, but hated them in the photos!


This  golden, glitz candle was a very special gift and was the beginning of my theme of
"New Year's Eve Glitz."


Lots more "party" details...a feather and an earring add  a touch of "glitz" to our clock!

"Grandma's" watch adorns a festive, party hat!

Golden glitter candles with some extra "glam"...gotta have the bling!


Dollar store "poppers" that I wrapped in gold glitter and personalized with letters for a special touch!

A little something" special inside the fireplace, too!

 So, another year has passed...another year ahead to look forward to. I  hope that, you, my loved ones and friends will all stay healthy, be happy, find true love and gain financial improvement and have much success with whatever you may do!

Now, I've got major Holiday packing to do...will post pics of my mess, soon!
Then I promise to be back, next week, with a winter mantle re-do...'til then I need a nice, much needed break!!!


But, before you go you might find a few more ideas here
New Year's Party in the Clubhouse



Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP

A very special thank you to my friend Kathy from  lifeonlakeshoredrive for the feature of this post on her blog!
and to another wonderful blogger, Tammy over @  onemoretimeevents
thank you, thank you!

Joining these wonderful party hosts @

 myuncommonsliceofsuburbia
kathewithane
thededicatedhouse
knickoftimeinteriors  
astrollthrulife
  cedarhillfarmhouse  
adelightsomelife
onemoretimeevents
rootedinthyme  
redheadcandecorate
  lifeonlakeshoredrive
 thededicatedhouse
savvysouthernstyle.
romantichome
ivyandelephants
nominimalisthere
stonegableblog
commonground
debbie-debbiedoos
savvysouthernstyle
adornedfromabove
frenchcountrycottage


14 comments:

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Beautiful...I love all the glitz and bling. I love decorating in gold & silver for the New Year too. Love how you incorporated old jewelry with a meaning.
Happy New Year!
Saw you sharing at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Debbie :)

Susan said...

Your last minute creativity mantle is gorgeous! I wish I could be so spontaneous!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! AMAZING!!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE IT IN PERSON =). I LOVE THE PERSONALIZED POPPERS!!!!!

XOX
K.E.

The Charm of Home said...

This is all beautiful JP! Have a blessed 2013!
Sherry

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Your mantle is beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful 2013.
xx, Sherry

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful mantle,jp:) happy 2013 to you!!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Happy New Year JP! Wishing you all good things in 2013.

Bohemian said...

I Love your New Year's Decor... especially the Sweet Vintage Watches tucked into Hats and Vignettes!

Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Ivy and Elephants said...

You did a fabulous job, it looks just gorgeous! I love the color combination, but my favorite is the addition of the vintage watches, so cool! I'll have to try that next year. Thanks so much for linking.
Hugs,
Patti

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Back to catching up. Wow, the decor is over the top. Love it all.
I hope you can manage to rest up abit.....Hugs, Linda

PJH Designs said...

Beautiful job! I love all the gold and the vintage watches and jewelry! Your mother is a beautiful woman & 90? I don't believe it. You should come by and link up at Transformed Tuesday. I know my readers would love to see. Hope your all rested up! Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2013/01/transformed-tuesday-20-and-features.html

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great decor and wow, your MIL looks fantastic for 90. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me and I hope you have a very Blessed and Happy New Year. Hugs, Marty

JP said...

She's a "smart one" in more ways than just her style and looks....she's a real gem!

One More Time Events said...

Hi… stopping by to let you know you have been featured at Feature Me Friday over at One More Time Events…Thank you for sharing…hope to see you this Sunday at Share it One More Time …Tammy