Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cranberries & A Nostalgic Holiday Frame

This beautiful frame had been sitting on my dresser, for a while now, waiting for me to decide what to do with it. 
I just adore the finish on it and didn't plan to change it at all. I even loved the way it looked, bare naked, sitting there just looking pretty!
I've made a few different things with frames by turning them into memo boards and such, but there's just something special about things suspending behind or strung onto a wonderful frame.

 So, this is what I came up with to use it for the holidays.

 I used hot glue for a temporary fix, just in case I decided to change it seasonally, now.
The cranberries came from a long, wooden, vintage strand that I have had for so, so long.

I painted the Santa about twenty five years ago and the little girl in red is my precious, little bell that belonged to my Mother...I cherish it so!


I'll show you more of our entry in my next post...you can see the chandy and kissing ball here!

Hope your enjoying decorating and festive beginnings!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
 JP

P.S. Holiday parties are numerous and hopping and linking is fairly new to me. If I accidentally forgot to add your link, please,accept my sincere apologies and let me know so that I can fix it!

7 comments:

Crafts a la Mode said...

I think that's as cute as anything!! Love the reindeer. I have one, too. Best wishes, Linda

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a super cute idea!!!...Love it!
Have a great weekend!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks great, Janet! I love how it fills that space, too. Looking at it I was thinking what a great way to display some Christmas cards {new or treasured}.

Anonymous said...

beautiful AND creative!!! you go girl!

jenclair said...

How cute! Love the cranberry strings!

Elizabeth @ Lizzis Creations said...

That is so cute and creative! It would be a lovely way to display Christmas cards too!

Unknown said...

JP, your frame is beautiful, and so creative! Oh, I love everything you do!! Hope all is going well, I seem to be so behind with everything this holiday season. Three more days until Christmas Break, though. I need it. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful weekend!!

XOXO
Kathy