Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Winter Terrarium Let it Snow Centerpiece

One of my favorite things to transform, throughout the year, is our terrarium. Well, actually it's the one that I gave to my honey for our anniversary many years ago ;)
For the longest time it only displayed small seasonal plants and still does occasionally.
Until the day that I was inspired by a very creative winter scene that took my breath away!

This year I featured a burlap poinsettia, a draping of pearls and my red cardinal that I used on our winter mailbox last year.

I gave the poinsettia some shabby glam with a stamen of pearls.

The cardinal sits on a nest of greens and snow on top her eggs of pearls.

Burlap lines the bottom with a covering of epsom salt snow and a dash of diamond dust glitter.

Icy picks that I had left over from our mantel wreath add a little covering on the rooftop.

Hot glue, epsom salts and diamond dust created the icy effects that cover the terrarium all around.

It's such a perfect centerpiece for the look of our dining area with our kitchen's bay window and chandy this year.

The fun of it all was the finishing touches that my daughter, Tanya, and I had when she helped me with the special touches...she's got talent, too!


 Past Christmas and Winter Vignettes
here 


and here


I'll be back to share yet so much more!


 Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!

 
Sharing this post at these great parties

lifeonlakeshoredrive  
mariaelenasdecor
distresseddonnadownhome
craftsalamode  
myturnforus 
frenchcountrycottage
rootedinthyme  
staceyembracingchange
adelightsomelife  
ivyandelephants
savvysouthernstyle  
adelightsomelife
  astrollthrulife  
confessionsofaplateaddict  
shabbystory  

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

So pretty and festive, Janet! I always forget about my terrarium (until I see a post like yours). They really are such a great piece to use to decorate with throughout the year.

farmhouse-story said...

it makes a beautiful centerpiece, jp!
love the pearls mixed with the burlap:) thanks for linking up with creating christmas!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I have a couple of terrariums and love using them for the holidays! Yours turned out simply beautiful. I love making little snow scenes. Although I am almost finished decorating I have not made my little scenes yet. Hopped over from Lynns. Happy to be a new follower.
hugs,
Jann

angie said...

soooo pretty and cute!!! angie

Karen said...

Your terrarium looks great. I have a terrarium but I never know what to do with it. Thanks for the great inspiration.

srpprcrftr said...

OH do I envy you that incredible piece to decorate, you sure do a beautiful job of decorating it. It must be fun to think of toher ways to keep it looking so pretty for the seasons. Do you go looking around your house for pieces to use in it?
I'll have to keep an eye out for one maybe at HL or Michaels or even JoAnn's. On sale of course or one of the wonderful handy coupons.
Your daughter is gorgeous like her Mom. How old is she? So nice to have daughter to do things with and whom shares interests with. Our daughter is 44 with 2 teenage daughters but since she works she's short on time to do a lot she enjoys. The girls help her keep the house nice. They live about 7 miles to east of us. Does your daughter live close by? Hope so for both of you. We have 3 other kids, 2 in San Diego area and 2 here in Grand Junction area. Oldest 2 in S.D. and youngest 2 here.
Enjoy the season.

Etcetorize said...

Very pretty! I have a small decorative bird cage that I never do anything with, but I'm inspired to look at it a little differently now. So glad that you joined us at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.