Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Winter's Ice & Snow in Our Terrarium

I thought I wouldn't want to decorate much at all this year, mostly because we are away from our girls and grands for the first time ever and that is very sad.
But, it didn't take long for me to yearn to do what I love most and that's to decorate!

Since, we are now, officially, "southerners" and we won't be seeing much snow or ice for the holiday's I decided to go with a winter, ice and snow theme this year. 
It started with our front door wreath and is now in our terrarium.

I just adore my little snowmen in their wintery scene with the tiny banner, I made, for some season's cheer

and a flickering votive that glistens on the snow.
Lots and lots of pretty snow.

Just a delight to see.

It takes center stage in our kitchen's bay window.

With lots more wintery ice and snow.
Balls of snow, fluffy snow, flakey snow, epsom salts with glitter...loose snow flakes, hanging ones and an assortment of icicles dangling from above.

I'll share more of that in my next post!


In case you missed them....here are a few more of my terrarium posts to inspire you.
winter-wonderland-in-our-terrarium
a-valentines-day-vignette
love-birds-in-our-terrarium 
and
the snowmen were so cute here...
winter-mantlebaby-its-cold-outside


 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP

 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you.

A very special "thank you" to
Miss Stacey from staceyembracingchange  
and
Patti & Paula from  ivyandelephants
 for adding this post to their line up of features!




Sharing this post at these great parties

debbie-debbiedoos  

savvysouthernstyle  

knickoftimeinteriors  

stonegableblog  

bystephanielynn  

redheadcandecorate  

lifeonlakeshoredrive  

craftberrybush  

commonground  

romantichome  

thecharmofhome  

craftsalamode  

frenchcountrycottage  

rootedinthyme

staceyembracingchange  

adelightsomelife  

savvysouthernstyle  

myuncommonsliceofsuburbia  

thededicatedhouse

astrollthrulife 

ivyandelephants  

adornedfromabove  

brownginghamcreations  

11 comments:

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

That is beautiful....simply beautiful! I really like what you did, great job :-)

Happy Holidays
Christine

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I love the terrarium itself and you've really given it a Winter feel with your decorating.

Cynthia said...

I am normally not into snowmen, but yours are adorable! I love how you set this up and photographed it - really lovely. Your blog is really lovely! I'll be visiting again.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

So festive and pretty. So, you have a collection, how fun. Love the snow and how you decorated it. xo Linda

Susan said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love it! Susan

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is simply stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Crafts a la Mode said...

I love the terrarium.. I guess that is a way for you to get ice and snow now. What's the temperature down there? Have a great week, JP. Linda

P.S. I love your decorating...

Adorned From Above said...

Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. Have a great week.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
http://www.adornedfromabove.com

The Charm of Home said...

So pretty!
Sherry

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How pretty I have a terrarium sitting outside on the deck that I never know what to do with ~ this is a wonderful idea!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

This is so adorable! Love it!!