Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Valentine's Day Vignette in Our Terrarium of "LOVE!"

A new Valentine's Day vignette for our terrarium of LOVE!


I am entering this into Debbie Doo's Winter Copy Cat Challenge

This was  my inspiration...
Isn't it fabulous!!!
thank you to Susan @ betweennapsontheporch for sharing it on her blog!

And now for my little version...

It was time to change the scene in our terrarium from our
 Winter Wonderland theme
for the upcoming "day of love"  and  since it's still winter and I've had our cute, snowmen couple for quite a few years now, I decided to keep the snow inside and just add a few little heirlooms to create it's vignette.



Here's the "LOVE" couple inside.

And my Mother's, well loved,  locket from my Dad!

Their cherished pictures enclosed within.

Nostalgic books and a little "LOVE" banner hangs inside.

The little LOVE banner was, of course, a last minute thought, so..... no time to do anything other than quick and easy and use what I had on hand.

Here's what I was inspired to use.

Freehand  letters painted on the fabric with a touch of lace, a string of mini pearls and tiny, pearl hearts just hot glued in place.

The finished banner...ta-da!

Hot glued inside for a temporary addition.


And some scripted, cotton ribbon is wrapped around the books.

I hope you liked my first, little Valentine's Day creation! 


Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP


Joining these wonderful parties @









jenniferrizzo







 

19 comments:

Laura said...

Hi-
What a lovely vignette.
I am inspired and a new follower.
I also joined Jennifer's party this week.

Laura White Spray Paint

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I love your LOVE banner. : ) Great idea to make that up with what you had on hand. Your snow couple is perfect for this vignette, too.

Cranberry Morning said...

So pretty! I especially like the old locket. What a treasure.

Debbiedoos said...

How sweet JP...I love hearts! Happy weekend to you.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, pretty stuff for sure! And you do think ahead - Can't believe Valentine's Day is in almost a month!! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's coming up on Valentine's Day already, those are just wonderful crafts - simply beautiful!

Dee @deeConstructed.com said...

Aha! Now I know what I can do with that funky little metal greenhouse I picked up at The Will! I have no clue how I found you but I'm going to bookmark ya right now. ~ Dee @deeconstructed.com

Amanda said...

I am in such a mood to decorate for Valentine's Day! What a sweet little vignette you've created! I especially love your mother's locket! What a treasure! The banner you created is the perfect touch to tie it all together and make it so festive!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Nina @ Atir Inspired Decor~AID said...

Simply Adorable! I will start my St. Valentines Day Decor this weekend~ It won't look as sweet as yours~
I found you via My Turn For Us and I hope you will hop on over to my blog too. I also, hope you will be my a new follower~ Thank You

Crafts a la Mode said...

Oh, this is a perfect thing to put in the little shabby white terrarium I have, too. I had a giveaway on my blog and will send a link to Gloria at New End Studio (who won) that she might like to turn it into a Valentine Vignette like you did. Beautiful and thanks for linking to my first weekly linky party. I hope you can make it every week. Your friend now. Linda

Nifty Thrifty Family said...

This is so adorable. I loved everything about it. I pinned this to my pinterst page from the power of pinterst party. Oh by the way I am your newest follower too. If you ever get a chance you should swing by the Nifty Thrifty Family and check us out. http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com/

Ivy and Elephants said...

So creative! I love your valentine's vignette.
Hugs,
Patti

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your Valentine's Terrarium is just darling. I love the sweet banner and the locket. Your very creative.

Dee

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

What a wonderful idea with the terrarium! I have one that has tiny found birds nests in it and I think I will add a bit of "love." Thank you for the idea!
♥ Jil

deb said...

I adore your terrarium!! Simply sugary sweet!
*hugs*ddeb

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Janet, What a darling display for Valentine's Day. Love the little snow couple and the locket is priceless.
The added touch of your banner is perfect. What a talent you are.
So nice to meet you. I have enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

Oh, how sweet!! I love the cute little banner and the snowmen. It looks so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I hope you are having a wonderful week. :)

XOXO
Kathy

Dewdrop said...

Your terrarium is so pretty, love the Valentine snowmen. I collect snowmen but have never seen them like this!
Beautiful.
Saw you sharing at Debbiedoo's Winter Decor Knock Off Party
Debbie :)

Pravesh Patel said...

How to Make a Terrarium at Home