Thursday, December 5, 2013

Winter Mailbox with an Icy Nest

 If you have been following my last few Holiday posts than you kinda know what to expect within this one, right? 
 Ice, Snow Winter...that's the theme that I seem to having going this year!

I decked out our mailbox today and it's similar to the  wreath that's on our front door.  I must admit it was hard to remove the fall look that I'd grown quite fond of, but, the new, seasonal change is already making me smile...I think you will, too!


I found the poinsettias at the Goodwill...$3 for all five.

 They were kind of ugly in a grungy, dull gold, but, some white paint gave them a fresh, new wintery look.

A grapevine nest is perched on top....

with evergreens and snow used as the base with giant flakes of snow.

Silk, leopard balls form a trio of eggs for an elegant look.

Perfect for such a handsome cardinal, don't you think?
 Now, it's off to edit a bunch of pics for my "Bay Window" post and guess what? It's filled with icicles and lots of snow!


 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP

 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you.




4 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

You make me want to go decorate my mailbox now..and I thought I was finished LOL. So cute!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I'm sure the mail carrier will appreciate seeing something so pretty and festive while delivering your mail. : )

Cindy said...

That is really pretty, JP, now if I did that here where I live I would not need to put fake snow on it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love this. Your mailbox is fantastic and the leopard eggs are fabulous. Way too cute. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty