Saturday, January 5, 2013

Winter Mantel...Baby it's Cold Outside!

 The holiday decorations are finally down!!!
And since I'm not ready to put all of my cute winter stuff away,  I decided to have some fun with a winter mantel theme.

So, here's my wintery creation...
 "Baby it's Cold Outside!" 

I borrowed  the vintage, etched glass, mirror from it's spot in our guest room and put the one that was on our New Year's Mantel  in it's place.

The writing was done with my white paint marker, again...it's perfect for leaving little notes on mirrors and wipes right off!
 

 My new, little snowmen came out of their Winter Wonderland in Our Terrarium and look right at home again.


This is our very 1st Christmas tree...love the "topsy" look that I saw @  Funky Junk Interiors and had to copycat that....thank you Donna!

Our little clock with "glam!"

My, dollar store, church upscaled with white paint, glitter and rhinestone glitz!

Some painted snowflakes and "ice" hang from a pearl garland on the right.

Our old, "glammed up," pierced tin, lantern with it's flickering votive hangs to the left.

My vintage,  "painted glass," apothecary jar and candle sit on the hearth below.

White, winter skates, "grandmas" woolen, white gloves and a "painted" milk glass vase filled with a collection of snowballs create a sweet, little vignette on the other side.

Faux snowballs and pine cones fill a basket inside the fireplace. 
Gotta have to get some wood...we're long overdue for a nice, cozy, fireside romp! ;)

Now, I've got some MAJOR packing to do....those decorations that I said that I took down
still haven't gotten packed away. My ADD got me side tracked into writing this post!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP

Joining these great party hosts @

thevintagefarmhouse

frenchcountrycottage

pjhdesignsoneofakind

primpjunktion

savvysouthernstyle

diybydesign

adornedfromabove



debbie-debbiedoos

funkyjunkinteriors

lifeonlakeshoredrive

bystephanielynn

the-chicken-chick

thededicatedhouse

ivyandelephants

17 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love that mirror! Everything looks so white and wintery. Very pretty!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks like a winter wonderland at your house, Janet! That mirror is gorgeous. Love the ice skates. I think I keep a look out for a pair all year long. I thought I was all put away but am finding a few things here and there that I missed. I'm going to wait a couple of days {to make sure I get all of it this time} and then bring it up to the attic.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

So cute!!
♥Linsey

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful vignettes. Winter is such a great season and you have captured it perfectly with your treasures. The mirror is so beautiful. I always enjoy my visits. I do see how busy you have been.

One More Time Events said...

Your mirror is just to die for! Everything is so pretty!

Debbiedoos said...

Gorgeous, I LOVE those skates. The mirror looks so pretty too. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

Becca Bertotti said...

What a beautiful winter mantel! The mirror is absolutely gorgeous and the perfect focal point. And, I love the other accents, as well ... the skates are awesome, and the ambiance is so inviting! And, thank you for your kind note about the secretary I just painted ... you're right ... it IS fun how paint rejuvenates old pieces!

Unknown said...

Beautiful winter mantel, love the Mirror!

Cranberry Morning said...

That is an absolutely beautiful mantel! I especially love that little bird and clock. How sweet!!

I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll join me at Cranberry Morning. :-)

momto8 said...

oh my gosh! so lovely!!! the white looks beautiful!! we just took the Christmas decorations down and now everything looks so empty..love your ideas!!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
happy New Year!
i am going to look around at the dollar store....

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Beautiful mantel. Love the white, wintry look. Found you through Debbiedos Newby Party, am a new follower...

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

Soooo pretty! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments. Love Winter White.

Lisascraftiques said...

Your mantel is so pretty! I love the skates! I did a winter mantel last year. I had gotten some really cute snowmen that I was not ready to put away yet. I enjoyed them all through january. :)

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

You candles and snowman are so pretty. Pinned 'em :)

Followed over from Funk Junk.

Unknown said...

Hi, Sweet Lady!! Everything looks gorgeous! I love the mirror and I'm in love with the ice skates!! I love everything you do. :) Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

So sorry I am just now stopping by. I can't seem to get caught up my first week back at school. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. :)

XOXO
Kathy

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

PJH Designs said...

Love, love, love. Everything is so pretty. I really love the garland and the little snowmen. Thanks so much for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. We can't wait to see what you've been up to this week. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs