Thursday, December 11, 2014

Our Glamorous Christmas Mantel & Tree for 2014

 Welcome to our Christmas home this year. My decorating is complete and I've got about six new posts, yet, to go.

But, here is this year's Christmas fireplace, mantel and tree.

Red, white and gold and little bits of green.

This is the wreath that I recycled....you can see it here.

Mom's german glass ornaments are two of the few that I have left of her collection...she didn't keep much :(

  White and gold and a little bit o' red to catch your eye.

Sentimental cards from prior years are favorites that I like to display.

 This one's from me...

and this one's from him.

The gold candle votive was a gift from my Kristi and was in this sleigh centerpiece on our tablescape from last year....it was wearing my grandmother's old necklace.



Gold, glittered branches glam out each mantel end with a scrap of red striped fabric from the stocking tops that I made.

Three mini, dollar store, stockings got a really fast upscale with new fabric tops and stenciled letters one all three...one for me

one for honey

and one for Gucci.

The gold painted bottles with a few, red Christmas berries fit just perfectly in this spot.




The bushel basket got a new bow and "Christmassy" additions.



This is my sweet, Christmas angel.

...I shared her in a separate post here.

Our tall skinny tree is my by the side of the road "free" find! It's perfect for our spot between the fireplace and window.
 
Wow...I miss that house! :(



A gold glass heart topper tips the top of the tree.


Our vintage washtub got a spray of gold and is this year's perfect stand filled with a blanket of fleecy snow.

Grandma's, shabby kitten, doorstop getting mischievous with an ornament and some beads.

Looking pretty in the dark and is my honey's favorite that I've done!

An impromptu pic from last night when I opened the door to let Gucci back in :)

Now, on to posting more looks around the house without hitting the "publish" button too soon!


 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!


  Sharing this post at these great parties
craftsalamode
rootedinthyme  
staceyembracingchange  
ivyandelephants  
adelightsomelife
astrollthrulife
  mariaelenasdecor 
distresseddonnadownhome
lifeonlakeshoredrive  

8 comments:

srpprcrftr said...

Your living room or family room, which ever it may be is lovely. Your tree is great, love how tall it is. Is it a faux tree or real tree? It looks real from the photos, you took some good photos of your room.
Your mantel is so pretty, love how you have it arranged and the garland hanging below it.
It's such a pleasure to make our homes pretty isn't it? Now that I have blog land I'm even more inspired every day. Finding blog land was one of best things to happen, it's kept me constantly inspired, making new friends with people I have so much more in common with.
None of my long time friends are crafters or decorating nuts as I am. They call me when they want to fix up their homes. I look on that as a compliment.
Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season, happy days.

If you choose to reply please do to my email address. Thanks

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I like the size of your tree. I'm hoping to get a new one on clearance for next year. I'd like something a bit narrower like yours (and maybe flocked). Your mantel looks so pretty, too. It makes for such a nice picture at night with the lights on.

Ivy and Elephants said...

So pretty! I love the elegance the gold adds. You did a fabulous job!
Hugs,
Patti

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful,jp! how lucky to find such a great tree for free! have a great weekend!!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Janet, so very pretty and glamorous. I love the rich color of gold. Well done, my friend.

Donna Wilkes said...

I especially love the little touch of your grandmother's necklace on the sleigh. Thank you for sharing your lovely decor with Make It Monday.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Oh my Janet, that is a very elegant and glamorous room indeed. There is so much eye candy. You have decorated everything beautifully.

Your tree if spectacular too.

Happy holidays,

Janet

Lilly's Mom said...

I enjoy the tour of your beautiful Christmas decor. I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas holiday :)