Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Formal Christmas Celebration & Our Dining Decor

Since, this post was created after Christmas last year and didn't make all of the "rounds", I'm re-posting it for all that may have missed it.

I hope that you all enjoyed your celebrations with your loved ones for Christmas. Ours was a beautiful one with family and friends here in N.C; but we missed our girls and boys more than ever! It just wasn't complete without them, so I'm sharing a lot of pics to show them what they missed this year :(


We managed to squeeze an extra table, to be able to accommodate twelve, in the dining area of our kitchen.

It worked out perfectly, with no one's back to look at!

Folding chairs were "formalized" with quick and easy covers made from dollar store, rectangle, plastic, table cloths.

 Cut one table cover in half.
  Drape it over the top of the chair back.
Tuck the seat side through and adjust the length to hit the floor.
Gather the backside and secure it with tape or string or ribbon.
Add your own accents with a bow or seasonal touches.
Fabric would be even nicer, but cost was my choice here
 50 cents per chair!

Our own chairs needed a little touch of sparkle, too.





Half of the napkins, with heirloom flatware, were wrapped with a trim of lace and secured with a large, white pearl and pearl head pin.

The other half were adorned with my thrift store, upscaled, metal napkin rings. 


White with glitter updated them from their original red and green ugliness!

My, great grandmother's, linen, tablecloth came out of storage to be admired for the day.

Emma Charlotta Knuckey was her name!

 That table's centerpiece was made from last year's thrift store find...this little, golden sleigh.

My treasured gift from my "Miss Kris" is the golden votive that sits within it.....the vintage necklace just adds that perfect touch of silvery bling!

Our white, garden lantern centered the table in the round....

with a pair of my mother's 1940's ornaments and my rhinestone, star ring for even more festive glam.

Epsom salts and glitter are sprinkled at the base.

Gold heart ornaments with rhinestone buttons added more charm here and there. They were gifts for all of my "girlfriends" as a memento of the day!

Our precious, little, dinner bell made it's seasonal debut.

 The chandy with it's festive glam...

 with pearls and ice in ivory and white....

 and golden heart for someone special.

 This is our bay window's touch of icy sparkle.... a mix of old and new!

 This picture is from my terrarium post before my craving for the day's "pops of red!"


Grandma's, crimson, crystal prisms were the first additions to my adding the reds.

The post of the terrarium is here.


The little, winter nest, with snow and pearls, is the perfect home for our little "love birds."
It's our very first ornament memento!

I tossed a few snowballs into the scene :)

and my glammed up church with rhinestones and gold beads...

with lots of candles flickering in the mix.

This was our beverage station for the day.

Champagne punch for Holiday Cheer.

And this is our table, today, with our Christmas gift for this year from our little "Miss Kris!"

Me and my Tanya sending Love to back home!

and more Love from me and my honey...

he was my man of the day with his cleaning and cooking and cleaning some more!

And now that this big post is over, I'll be resting today for my next really big task...the clubhouse decor for the New Year's Eve 2014 Bash!


  Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!

 To see more of my holiday inspirations you can check out my November & December 2013 and 2012 archives that can be found the left of this page!

 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you.

A very special "thank you" to Miss Stacey from staceyembracingchange
and Tammy from onemoretimeevents
for featuring this post on their blogs!

Sharing this post at these great parties

rootedinthyme
 
betweennapsontheporch

distresseddonnadownhome  

jenniferrizzo  

rootedinthyme  

frenchcountrycottage

kathewithane  

thededicatedhouse  

knickoftimeinteriors  

savvysouthernstyle  

astrollthrulife

adelightsomelife

onemoretimeevents

redheadcandecorate

commonground

romantichome

lifeonlakeshoredrive

staceyembracingchange

craftsalamode

9 comments:

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi JP, what a gorgeous table. Love the details and the plates are quite lovely. Very creative on the chair decorating. Always a pleasure to visit. Happy New Year to you. xoxo

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Beautiful table. I love the gold and red and sparkles. What a lot of work you did, lovely, I am glad I visited.
Janice

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Wow JP what a celebration. Everything looks so festive and beautiful. I love the china. So perfect for Christmas. Have a healthy and happy New Year.

Hugs,

Janet

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

This is all so lovely JP! I see you are in NC, but your 'about' section says you're in NY. Are you snowbirds? I am in NY (Westchester) and I'm just being nosey. I'm wondering if we're neighbors?!

Thanks so much for taking the time to join our blog hop today. It's so nice to have you!

P.S. I LOVE your four legged fur baby!,

One More Time Events said...

Hi… Stopping by to let you know you have been featured over at One More Time Events… thank you for sharing. Hope you can join in again this week. Tammy

Etcetorize said...

Looks great! We're hoping to host a Christmases past and present party next month. Keep an eye out. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

xinex said...

Beautiful tables! Congrats and best wishes to you and your hubby!...Christine

annies home said...

so beautiful great tables love the colors
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

The chair covers -- AMAZING!! I bet coming to your Christmas dinner is the event of the year for your guests! I'd be waiting all year to see how you decide to decorate/theme, etc.! Beautiful!!