Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mixing Winter & Valentine's Day in Our Living Room

 It was time to decorate for Valentine's Day and I decided to let the winter theme, from Christmas, stay. I just added some hearts and love into the mix.

In most places it's still snowy and cold in February, so, it made sense to enjoy it for a little bit longer.


Our little snowman couple made it's yearly debut and sits perfectly on the window's edge.

The "sock snowmen" cuddle up together to show a little bit of "love!"


Grandma and Grandpa's vintage, brass heart is my favorite part of this little vignette.

A rustic banner of love with a little glam hangs in just the perfect spot.

The winter sled stayed as did our Christmas tree....the first time past the 6th for me!

Strands of pearls and red, silk rose petals are the perfect addition to our Valentine tree.

My cherished, red satin, chocolate box found it's own special place under the tree.

And a simple, boa heart tops the tree.





Off to the corner of the room is our 2014 " Ladder of Love"....I'll be sharing that and a few more things from around the room in my next post.

Time for me to relax and enjoy me some "American Idol!"

 To see more of my Christmas decor...check out my November & December 2013 and 2012 archives that can be found the left of this page!
 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!


 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you.



Sharing this post at these great parties


rootedinthyme  

astrollthrulife  

cedarhillfarmhouse  

.lifeonlakeshoredrive 

craftsalamode  

frenchcountrycottage  

adelightsomelife  

thededicatedhouse  

5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I love the tied red books. I have a set of four little red books I wanted to use in my Valentine decorating this year ~ Hans Christian Anderson. But my granddaughter has other ideas. She sees little books and thinks they are for her!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Your home looks charming and romantic, you did a great job
blending the two....winter and
Valentines day.

Blessings for a Wonderful Valentines
day.........

Nellie

Audrey said...

Everything is so pretty. Love your Valentine decorations.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it all. Love how you mixed the two together. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Kathy said...

This is a sweet mantel love the little snow people! ;) So delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy