Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A White Pumpkin on our Mailbox

Our mailbox was the first thing to get it's new do in early September.....the rest came about little by little.

I resurrected last years mailbox swag and just added the new, white plastic, pumpkin and a new big, burlap bow.

It's the first thing to be seen that adds to our curb appeal.




The theme is carried right up to the front steps

and onto the door.

This was the wreath, that I made, that hung over our mantel last year...it looked nice in there, too.

A welcoming stand is on the right.



The owl is a single version of my "two southern owls."

Thyme is thriving in my rusty, little bike.

Red mums are the perfect addition for my old milk container.

I made an impromptu hand painted flag to replace our old glory.

Sweet potato vines and russian sage are "happy campers," too in our antique wash tub.

A lamp post vignette to welcome our guests.

My cast iron chair looks rather bare....it's had many seasonal looks. Last year's fall look was here.

My new vintage bike got a touch of fall, too!




More white pumpkins, the Halloween kind, found a home in the pots in the landscape vignette.

 Last year's version of  our mailbox and post, if you missed it, was here.

Our mantel was the next to get done....I'll be working on that post and will be back to share it soon, too! 


   Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!



  Sharing this post at these great parties
diybydesign
ivyandelephants  
cedarhillfarmhouse
lifeonlakeshoredrive  
craftsalamode 
  frenchcountrycottage
savvysouthernstyle  
myturnforus  

6 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your mailbox always looks so pretty! I am loving your touches of Fall--your home is just beautiful! I love white pumpkins--I am hoping to get some good ones this year :) Have fun decorating your mantle!

Heaven's Walk said...

Your house is so adorable, Janet! Love the welcoming little additions that greet your guests. :) You are so lucky to live in NC. I think it's such a beautiful state! Are you getting some autumn-like weather down there like we are? :)

xoxo laurie

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

Looks wonderful!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Your mailbox is a delight! I bet it puts a smile on the postman's face! Love the rusty bike sprouting thyme, the cutie owl and your wreath with its little banner!

chateau chic said...

You have great fall decor outside! Your mailbox looks so cute...and, of course, I love the bike.
Mary Alice

Debbiedoos said...

Everything is just darling! Now I want to go decorate my mail box. LOVE the old bike and that chair is so very cool!