Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sheraton Dinnerware & Oh, What A Score!

Do you know how hard it is to find something that you just love, that's so perfect for your own home, that you really want to keep, but know you have to let it go?
Well, last week, when shopping for inventory at Habitat for Humanity, I found this beautiful set of Sheraton dinnerware by Johnson Bros. 
And, Oh my, what a score....it was just $40 for a 32 piece set!



A mixed bouquet in autumn tones cover the porcelain so heavily.  Now, come see them all with me!

Five, beautiful dinner plates.

Don't they look so pretty with the grapes?

Four cup and saucers

and one bonus saucer a back up or for display...looking so pretty on my sweet, little, brass easel!

Not a bad $5 find!

Seven, lovely salad bowls.

Four dessert bowls and four bread and butter dishes.

A gravy boat and saucer complete my wonderful find!

 And finally one more pic that I wanted to share.....my precious, Beatrice and Mathew egg cups. They hold such sweet, sweet memories of my grandparents. They were always on display on a shelf, above their kitchen table, when they were not in use for breakfast, almost every single day!

 Beatrice, aka my sweet, Grandma Bea, is always in my header and will always be!



 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
 Now, sharing @ these great parties 

astrollthrulife 

adelightsomelife  

commonground  

romantichome  

lifeonlakeshoredrive  

craftsalamode  

nominimalisthere  

stonegableblog  

ivyandelephants  

11 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

what an incredible find, those beautiful dishes are so beautiful, I am just looking at them thinking of all the different colors of plain dishes they could be paired with...Phyllis

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

You did find some lovely pieces. So many different ways of using these. I am so happy for you. I know you are thrilled.....xo Linda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a beautiful set of china, I agree, that is a fabulous score. Hugs, Marty

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a great pattern. I like the coloring in them a lot. I've never shopped at our Habitat for Humanity.

Robin Johnson said...

What a great find. I love the unique colorful pattern.

ornate splendor said...

Hello, JP! Such a good find at Habitat for Humanity! I keep meaning to go there, just haven't done it yet. Thanks for following me! You're right, I haven't created an "about me" section - I'm new at this blogging thing, and I still have much to do! My name is Catherine, married for 27 years with 2 kiddos, 16 and 11. After 10 years in the corporate world, I am now home with kids and creating beautiful things to bring joy to my family, myself and others! I also decorate for weddings & parties - only one post so far on wedding/party decorating. Still deciding if I should have a separate blog for weddings/parties...decisions, decisions. Thanks for asking about me - you are prompting me to get that part of my blog done! On FB you can find me under Dream Wedding Rentals and Decorating Services. On Pinterest you can find me as Catherine Cavalier. Nice to meet you! I will explore your blog some more! : )

Debbiedoos said...

Yes indeedy what a score. What a pretty pattern too. I love the colors!

Kim said...

I am a dish junkie and I LOVE these, how pretty! They are even more lovely at that bargain price! Just fabulous! :) Kim @ Exquisitely Unremarkable

Unknown said...

Wow, what a score is right! Beautiful set and it looks almost like a watercolor painting. TFS and I will definitely be following you thru bloglovin!

Anonymous said...

I am totally coveting these dishes! Gorgeous!

Rhonda said...

I love your blog. You should come show off your creativity at our link party.
http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/10/craft-frenzy-friday-7.html
The party will not be the same without you!