Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Branches and Bunnies& a Rusty Sign in Our Bay Window

Yeah!!! Spring is here and our new window display is, too. It was a real fun one to create. I hope you like it!
 It started with my idea to use a branch that I found in our yard. I wanted to bring some outside in...


and create a new, spring sign...

and add budding branches and an assortment of things like this pretty, hanging votive...


and fill it with flowers and a variety of pearls...

and hang my little birdhouse

and a book page butterfly, too!

This is just what I pictured....

with my glamorous rabbit with pearls


and my mother's white and gold pitcher with white, spring tulips and my cherished, little clock that my sweet, sister gave me!

It had to have a white basket filled with "flowers for sale"

and of course, I had to use my precious, little bunny

and some rust and more pearls.

These are the eggs that I made, last Easter, it was a tablescape of pearls.

My African violets are back where they do best.

Right in the sunniest window in our house.

The rusty metal that I used for the sign is from my old "Welcome" one that I just used the back of. I'll show you in my chalk transfer tutorial, now.

I created the graphic in "pic monkey" and printed it out. No need to reverse the image in this method here.

Just turn your image over and rub the design, heavily, with any color. One that will show up best on your project.

Tape your image into place.

Next, pencil over the entire design, with pressure, to transfer the chalk to your piece.

Lastly, over your chalk transfer and remove the leftover chalk residue when your paint is fully dry.
I forgot to remove mine when these pics where taken :(
"oh, well!"

Every year I always feel that spring has granted me and the world with another year of life and awakening and I thank God for the blessing!

I'm happy, each day, to wake up to this loveliness!

An outside view.


If you'd like to see this bird's nest centerpiece....you can find it here.

Last year's spring window was a special one, too!

I hope you are excited about a new year of life!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!
Can you see him? He's playing "peek-a-boo!


This post was featured @ finecraftguild a very special thank you to Rose!
and to Cindy @ dwellings-theheartofyourhome!

Sharing this post at these great parties

craftsalamode  
frenchcountrycottage
commonground  
ivyandelephants
savvysouthernstyle  
astrollthrulife  
kathewithane  
adelightsomelife  
stonegableblog
thededicatedhouse  
dwellings

onemoretimeevents  
commonground  
romantichome  
craftberrybush  

11 comments:

southern seazons said...

I love your bay window display. I wish that I had a bay window in my home. That bunny with the pearls is so adorable. Great job! Have a great weekend!

Cindy Lou said...

Oh my! Going to totally steal a couple of your ideas! Love the burlap you cascaded over your valence! Love the old board for a runner! Your sign is also adorable! Great ideas , thanks for sharing! Happy Spring,Cindy

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

So pretty JP!

Rose's Crafts at FineCraftGuild.com said...

JP! This is really, really great. I love that sign to bits and everything about it! How you made it, what it says, and how you display it. Yes, that is a compliment, and a half!

And btw. ...Thank you for being a part of our party SHARE IT one more time Saturdays. It wouldn’t be a party without you! Happy Sunday! Your host Rose, FineCraftGuild.com

Pat said...

JP,
Adore your use of a real tree branch and adding faux blossoms!!! Your window ledge is nicely decorated for Spring!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Donna Wilkes said...

The rusty sign is my favorite. Love the glamorous bunny with pearls.

Unknown said...

I loved the branch you used with your Spring flowers! And the sign is perfect! You put a lot of thought in this and it shows. All so pretty!

The Charm of Home said...

Lovely JP! Love that hanging vase! Thanks for joining HSH!
Sherry

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love how you used the branch and the sign is super cute!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Crafts a la Mode said...

Pinned your bunny, JP. Love your decorating!! Your friend, Linda

farmhouse-story said...

love all of your spring treasures, jp:) esp, your spring sign. i think i'll try your sign technique--thanks for sharing! have a great weekend!