Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Kitchen Herb Garden & My Little Wheel Barrow

I really was enjoying the spring window display that I created back at the end of February. That was when spring fever first hit me and back when a few of my herbs were planted in some of my ironstone pieces. But, with no drainage, they were definitely headed for an early demise and I had to make some changes quick!
You can find that popular post here.

I've been dying to put my little wheel barrow back on display...it's been in hibernation since it was here for my fall display.

This little magnet is just hot glued onto the glass for easy removal. It's a very special gift from my daughter Shaine. I always have it on display somewhere in the kitchen!

The variegated, pink violets were a gift from, my sweet friend, Eileen :)

The vintage window had been collecting dust in the garage and was waiting for a place to use it. It totally changed the look of our bay window. It's so much more countrified now!

Scripted cardboard butterflies are hot glued here and there.



The little birdhouse got a facelift with the phrase from my tiny stamps.

I moved our cast iron lantern from the ladder in the living room and made some changes in there, now, too!

Our azaleas are almost finished blooming, now...it's time for the rhodies to pop!

Teenie terracotta pots got whitewashed and stamped to become herb markers.

I didn't have enough pots, so I made more markers with some clothespins.

My vintage copper watering can, with it's little fluted edge, hangs in a handy spot.







The details prove the age of my 1800's beauty.

Our lovebird's stayed put in the window vignette....the cup's just a little tipsy, now!

My rusty vintage scale has had a different use...it was a really pretty candlescape in this post here.

It's now holding some fresh cut mint and herbs cut for drying.

Snipping sheers in my new, little creamer...a sweet $3 find.

Here is how it all looks together. It's gonna be really hard to make another change come fall!

Our view out back used to be a bit more private. A dead tree had to be removed last fall. I hope the new one grows real fast, 'though the neighbor's are hardly ever there...it's just their occasional home.




This was how it looked last fall.
That post is here.

Lots more changes keep happening around here, so stay tuned for more, more, more!

 Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!




Visiting Southport,  N.C? be sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you!




I just found out that this post was featured @  ivyandelephants .....thank you, Patti!

19 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Pretty, Janet! I love that little wheel barrow. Great idea using those little pots for plant markers. The clothes pins, too. I'm putting something together for my daughter for Mother's Day and will need plant markers. Maybe I should just make them!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Oh wow Janet I love how you added labeled mini flower pots and bird houses inside your flower pots - adorable! Visiting from the Before And After Wednesday Party and definitely pinning this idea - thanks for the inspiration!
Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

Ivy and Elephants said...

Janet, I love the wheelbarrow, it looks adorable in the window! The perfect spring garden.
Hugs,
Patti

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my, I'm new to your fabulous blog! I'm just crazy about each of your photographs, everything is just beautiful. That wheelbarrow is just too cute! I could go on and on, I'll be back!
Nancy

Lady of the Manor said...

I like having herbs in my kitchen, too, but I really like how you also used them as décor! Great idea!! Visiting from Feathered Nest Friday.

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

I love your little "garden" Thanks so much for sharing it at Knick of Time Tuesday - I'm giving you a "shoutout" on my FB page here - https://www.facebook.com/KnickofTime

Fishtail Cottage said...

This is just darling... Would be great if you'd share your post over at Fishtail Cottage's Garden Party this upcoming Thursday. xoxo, tracie

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is just altogether charming! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your window display and your little wagon is fabulous. Everything looks so pretty. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

Tarnished Royalty said...

The way you changed everything up is just darling! You have a way with creating vignettes! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love the wheel barrow and the little garden pots.

chateau chic said...

Love your little wagon filled with herbs. You have a wonderful view out your window!
Mary Alice

Kathy said...

Beauty and practicality have never looked so good! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Jill said...

LOTS here to take in! First of all your yard is wonderful and do I see a screened porch??? Neat! I like the little pots and clothespins as markers, using hot glue to hold things on to glass?! genius! And the little bird nest coming out of the cup, cute!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

So darn cute Janet. Love they way you accented everything. The wheel barrow is charming and I do love your scale. Happy Mother's day early. xo

Rosemary and Thyme said...

This is the cuttest idea Janet. That wheelbarrow is beautiful. And you put it the perfect spot. Such a wonderful idea.

Janet

Ivy and Elephants said...

I featured your little wheel barrow at Ivy and Elephants this week, it's just adorable! Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.
Hugs,
Patti

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

I love the wheelbarrow!! So charming....wow you have beautiful surroundings there! Your screened porch is fab, I understand why people comment! ❤

Crafts a la Mode said...

I have some old windows laying around outside, too. Hmmm... now where could I put them. Thanks for the inspiration, JP.