Friday, February 28, 2014

Herbs, Ironstone, Pink Transferware and Spring Fever

Spring fever hit me big time, last week and I had to ditch all of the winter and Valentine's decor that was still around. After two days of making a really huge mess, packing things away, re-designing and a major clean up, this is what I came up with for our kitchen's bay window display.

Herbs, white ironstone and some vintage transferware, along with a few cast iron pieces merged together created our kitchen's indoor garden display.

Rosemary in a mini, ironstone compote and mint in a dry brushed, terracotta, pot flank my favorite, cast iron, terrarium.

A pillar candle sits on top of a stack of vintage, transferware saucers on a white burlap scrap.
A larger, ironstone, compote holds greek basil in this perfectly sunny spot.

My special, little, love birds in their natural nest.

This vintage, cast iron, scale survived many years as an outside plant holder and even as a bird feeder. Purple was it's garden color until my recent decision to paint it white and bring it inside to extend it's life.....a choice that I'm really happy I made.

Scripted, cardboard butterflies and a rusty, old hand rake brought more of the "outside" in!

An "unknown herb" of an artificial make, fakes the look of a real one ;) in my teenie, Red Cliff tureen.

Christmas cactus still in bloom is in the sunniest place in our house.

I'm happy, now, with the fresh, new, look in the brightest place of our home, sweet, home!

Another sweet spot for the love birds in their nest....it made a cute photo op!

Next up, I'll share our living room's re-do, our "springified" mailbox, yard and front porch with you. 

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!


Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you!

This post was honored with a feature over @  worthingcourtblog
thank you Suzy!




10 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Visual treat. Loved the detail, the ironstone, the transferware, every little bit. Thanks for sharing.
Joy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the plants in your white pieces, Janet! I wish I could think Spring here, but we have another snow storm coming through here starting tonight. It's been nice this week not having to deal with any snow. I just keep thinking "soon . . .". : )

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the sunny pictures! Everything looks so pretty :)

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Janet, such a lovely vignette. I adore the sweet little birdies. It feels like Spring at your house and I am quite content.

Cristina Garay said...

They say great minds think alike ;) I was doing the exact same thing in my living room last week! Love all the green and white touches. Spring is in the air!

Donna Wilkes said...

I adore the little love birds in a nest in the red and white transferware.

chateau chic said...

I love the herbs you've planted in your ironstone compotes. Everything looks so bright and cheery there in your window!
Mary Alice

Kathy said...

Love your ironstone! The herbs are perfect and that nest is too sweet! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

I love your bird nest in the transferware. Thanks for sharing.
Sherry

Two Cottages And Tea said...

So happy I found your blog! I love the way you decorated your dining room for spring! I will be back to enjoy more of your lovely blog!
Nancy