Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Super Cheap Spring Wreath with Napkin Flowers and a Braided Rag Nest

I like being super thrifty with my decorating by re-newing old wreaths and using things that I have from around the house and spending as little as possible to make projects come to life. 

I needed a wreath for above our mantel and refused to spend any money on a making a new one, so... I made a super cheap one!

 The white, grapevine wreath has been used many times before. I only spent $2 for the branch with the white, spring buds. Everything else I had on hand!

I, desperately, wanted some pretty, white flowers for it but, I didn't have any left to spare. I thought that I'd just make some quick ones from coffee filters, then I discovered that my pantry had none left :(
So, plain white, paper napkins came to the rescue and three, little buds were made!!!

A scrap of green fabric, torn into strips, got braided and hot glued onto an aluminum foil form for the little nest. Some green, spanish moss, a pair of hollowed, white eggs and a triple, satin bow finished it off  perfectly.

  I displayed it inside this vintage frame that I used for our Valentine's day heart.

 This is a peek at how it looks above our mantel. Posts on the topiaries and nest still have to be finished and then I will share it all. 

 The post on My Mother's Chair and Wee Easter Basket is here.
 


Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!
Can you see him? He's playing "peek-a-boo!

A very special "thank you" to Kathy from adelightsomelife for featuring this post on her blog!

Sharing this post at these great parties
craftberrybush
craftsalamode  
  frenchcountrycottage
ivyandelephants
savvysouthernstyle  
astrollthrulife 
kathewithane
adelightsomelife  
stonegableblog
thededicatedhouse  
dwellings
onemoretimeevents  
romantichome
lifeonlakeshoredrive

4 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

Lovely! Don't ya just love Spring! So fun to decorate!blessings! Cindy

Unknown said...

Looks lovely indeed! Thank you for being a part of our party SHARE IT one more time, Saturdays. It wouldn’t be a party without you! Have a great week!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your wreath and your decor. So pretty.

Crafts a la Mode said...

I really like the picture manipulation, too. And the frame is awesome. Pinning. Best wishes, Linda