Monday, March 16, 2015

A Birthday Tribute to my Mom

My mother passed away in 2002 and I wish so much that she was still here!
So, I created another ladder vignette to honor her birthday this year.

Here, on the ladder and with a pair of vintage suitcases, is where my favorite photos of her are sentimentally displayed.


This one will always stay in it's, worn and stained, photographer's, card stock frame. My grandmother hand wrote "Lovely Ruth" which is why I just can't bear to part with it.
I think this might have been her engagement photo.

Oh, how I wish that she was here to tell me where she was and with who she with, at the beach, this day...

and what the occasion was, here, that she was wearing her Sunday best.


This was last year's tribute that hung above our mantel on another ladder.

 It never stops hurting that she is gone. I hope she knows how much I miss her!
"Lovely Ruth" my "Lovely Mom"
xoxoxo




Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!

4 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So sweet! Such a beautiful lady and I love your tribute.
Blessings,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Beautiful like you <3

Debbiedoos said...

That is just the sweetest idea JP! Your Mom was so beautiful.

Crafts a la Mode said...

Love this JP. I still haven't set up the ladder yet. Darn. There is so much to do all the time, right? Your friend, Linda

Gosh, I love your decorating.