Monday, November 10, 2014

New Fall Window Dressing & Fresh Wall Color

  I really liked our fall window dressing that we've had since early September, but I was getting tired of looking at it for so long.
 It was time for a new look.

And since I never tire of using ladders in room decor I decided to remove the one from over our mantel and use it here. I'm glad to have my blog to have pics to reflect back on and see  the many ways I've staged them. You can use my search bar to see them if you wish!

This time it's an herb drying/display rack and handy place to keep necessities for trimming and watering.

Rustic, chippy ladder love!

A keepsake magnet tugs at my heart.

The rusty, vintage scale stayed with a little change and hangs off to the right this time around.

I  changed the valances from the Battenburg ones and hung country, striped kitchen towels over the rod for more of a countrified look.




This is the new wall color. My honey and I painted it in 2 1/2 hours this weekend!


The old yellow paint was here when we moved in. I'm glad that we finally changed it!

It's much more subtle and photographs well.

I chose a color that co-ordinated with the color of the tile's grout.

This was a little project that I made last year.....you can find it here.


In a few more weeks this will be filled with Christmas decor....I'm dreaming up it's theme right now!

Hope you'll be watching for the new window-do.....I'm just not one that will make the changes until after Thanksgiving has passed!

 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!



 
  Sharing this post at these great parties

staceyembracingchange  

adelightsomelife  

ivyandelephants  

diybydesign  

astrollthrulife  

cedarhillfarmhouse  

myuncommonsliceofsuburbia  

kathewithane  

mariaelenasdecor  

1 comment:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You've got such a great display area in this window, Janet!

Yes, and the other thing is that I don't get your (and some others) comments through to my email. I get about half my comments in my email so most of the time I'm surprised when I go to my blog dashboard and see twice as many listed there! Very annoying and very frustrating.