Wednesday, September 12, 2012

White Pumpkins a Fall Tablescape and My Honey's Birthday!

Whew...It sure has been another busy week for me!
  
Ever since finding a bunch of terracotta pumpkins, at the Goodwill last week, I've been on a roll painting them all ivory, a few of which I'll keep and some that I will be parting with...'though I'd like to keep them all! 

 More...More...More...almost 50 in all!


This ignited my urge to get my fall decorating done and to plan a few fall decorating and recipe posts in the week to come.

Here's how sweet the small ones turned out...pretty sweet!


This one is in my fall centerpiece...a wreath filled with pine cones scapped up from my yard, fall leaves and bittersweet from last years stash, some of the teenie tiny white pumpkins with some orange ones tossed in, too. The finishing touch was adding the five, rust votives for that "perfect evening glow!"

 
Since yesterday was my "Honey's" birthday and celebrating out, now, seems like it's in poor taste (with the sadness of 9-11 on this date) I decided to make his day a festive, fall celebration.


 This was the table setting. 

Our large table set for "just two!"

Our plaque was another "Goodwill" steal for just two bucks. To me it says it all!


Layered dishes, napkin"place mats" and a fall, napkin wreath complete the autumn setting.


Pan- seared chicken with balsamic cream sauce, mushrooms and onions 
was the meal. It's recipe I will share in another post...it was a to die for calorie splurge!


"Lava" filled cupcakes were his dessert...he said they were "sic!"

Now, 'til next time, I'll be finishing up three more new posts... 
#1 Our fall living room, fireplace and mantle decor 
*** http://sweetinspirationsbyjpdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/09/our-fall-fireplace-and-mantle-display.html

#2 Some fall flowers, landscape and our "Pumpkin Family" with a DIY 

#3 That delicious recipe plus one more  

Hope you enjoyed!

Love, Hugs & Kisses 
to my family and friends,

JP 
Linking up for:


funkyjunkinteriors





Creative Things Thursday w/ Nicki @
http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2012/09/creative-things-thursday-features.html?showComment=1347592539934



 White Wednesday w/ Kathleen @ 
http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2012/08/white-wednesday-166.html


 

Show & Tell Friday w/ Cindy @ 
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b> 


 http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2012/09/wow-us-wednesdays-84.html
 

http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/

 


5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great find on those pumpkins, Janet! They look great painted up Ivory. I love how the pearls look on that one you show. Well, if you can't eat something with calories on your birthday, when can you eat it! : )

Darlene said...

What an elegant pumpkin! I love the white and pearls together. Nice table setting too. take care, Darlene

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

Your table setting looks wonderful!! What a great find on the pumpkins!! I'm sure your hubby was happy!! I'm your newest follower!! Cheers~ Deanna

deb said...

simply gorgeous!
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

I love the white/ivory pumpkins! They look beautiful! I am following you now and will wait patiently for that chicken recipe - looks delicious! Julia