Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Display Frame Changes and an Assortment of Hearts

Valentine's Day is not too far away and I updated the display frame in our kitchen to serve as a year round place to hand notes and mementos.


I removed the wooden cranberry beads that were on the frame and replaced them with 5 strands of thick, cotton twine. I used hot glue that's easy to remove if I ever want to change the look again and just touch up any little chips with black paint. The burlap backing was just hot glued in place, too, in the event that I want to use the frame for something else.

An assortment of paper and card stock hearts dominate the display. I adore this love quote!!!

A stamped card, sprinkled with a little bit of crystal glitter, that I made for my honey and me.

I'm liking the neutralness of mostly black, white and tan in our newley painted kitchen.

You might have seen it when it looked like this this past Christmas. The calendar countdown frame is here

Here it is again with a few more touches added....a branch of faux, white roses and a cherished gold heart locket.


Today, I'll be working on a heart that I've been wanting to do for a few years, now. I hope it turns out nice!


   Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!


  Sharing this post at these great parties

ivyandelephants
astrollthrulife  

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love this idea and all the hearts are such a fun idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love this with the burlap. So versatile for every season. I finally put a chalkboard frame up in my kitchen to post my weekly menu so I will have to pin this for when I am tired of that! I don't have much wall space in my kitchen!