Wednesday, October 28, 2020

That "Time" of Year Again!

 That "time" of year is almost here again"...Time to set our clocks back and deal with darkness setting in on us earlier than we all care for.

It's the time of year that makes me a bit depressed to lose the beautiful light of day. I'm sure you can relate!

It just so happened that upon creating one last fall tablescape (before I begin my Christmas decorating) I spied my precious clock and decided to add it to the centerpiece.


After we made our wooden riser I suddenly envisioned having co-ordinating placemats.  

 
My vision turned out just the way they were in my mind. Large enough to be the base to hold layers of eyecatching lovlieness!


The unique placement of the napkin was one of those things ths kind of just happened. It gave another dimension to the place setting, don't you agree?





This is the wood I bought and had my honey cut into 3 pieces to make asuper chunky riser. He was able to screw them all securely together.

 
I then gave it a coat of American Walnut stain and applied, very randomly, some dark coffee antique medium to make it an even deeper tone.

I really did love the way the color came out and will make another one, soon. White was my first choice, so I had to continue on with the next step.

I applied my white chalk paint sparingly to allow some of the base color to show through.

It helped to give it a distressed look.

I had to wait a week or so for the feet to arrive.

They finished off the look perfectly and there's one thing I know for sure, these new pieces are definitely gonna be getting a lot of use  in our house....stay tuned for their Christmas looks real soon!

Til Next Time...

Love, Hugs & Kisses,

JP

and Gucci, too!




and on 



And a very special thank you to the following sharing post hosts

No comments: