Saturday, October 17, 2020

Who Says Black and Brown Can't Go Together?

 Someone recently commented that black and brown don't go together in a decor group that I follow. 

That comment inspired me to create this simple country style post, since I strongly disagree. 

Of course it helps to have some pops of white!


This sweet gathering basket that first called to me to use it for the centerpiece is filled with gathered autumn collections.




I think the black and white plaid kitchen towel layered with a few found acorns set off the color theme perfectly.


Here's a perfect example of why I think black and brown can go together like salt and chocolate. Layers of brown and black that look good to me.

The berries, found on trees in our landscape, paired perfectly with the hyacinth napkin rings and placemats for the rustic place setting.

I found these wood looking chargers at my local Walmart of all places.



Stripes and plaid in the mix, I think they work, too.




So, tell me what do you think? Do black and brown go together?


Oh, and trust me, for this last picture. 

I swear I didn't coerce Gucci to pose for this one...he made me laugh when I was taking a close up shot of the place setting and looked down to see his sneaky little face!     


Til Next Time...

Love, Hugs & Kisses,

JP

and Gucci, too!




and on 



And a very special thank you to the following sharing post hosts

astrollthrulife


2 comments:

Briana P said...

I think your black & brown setting looks perfect.

Connie said...

Where did you get your tableware? Or is it tarnished silver? I LOVE it, whatever it is!!