Thursday, December 28, 2017

Our Christmas Eve Tablescape 2017 and Centerpieces

Celebrating, this Christmas, was a difficult time for my husband with the loss of his only daughter, to cancer, last March and for my daughters who lost their dad a year ago, last November. We, also lost all contact with my daughter's twins who are being kept from seeing us....no legit reason, just child brainwashing and our side of the family has been erased. Sorry, for the little "downer", but not mentioning their losses would be like erasing them all from our lives....we are heartbroken and we miss them terribly!

Now, on to a happier note.....my oldest daughter and her husband were able to be with us so, of course I had to make it nice and pretty.
 A cranberry and white theme carried over from the living room and into the kitchen.
 Mini mason jars were filled with olive oil, pomegranate seeds and cranberries and topped off with a floating candle wick. A wrap of red and white baker's twine and a snip of evergreen completed the votives for a simple addition to the table.

 I tried them out on ourlazy susan a few days before the tablescape was made.
 Naturally, I went with a red, and white theme for the night.

 This view shows our window view.






 Name tags were made last minute...lucky I had them in my stash!



 Tanya got to take home the vase and flowers....
 so, I had to make a quick replacement for the table.




  A candid pic of me with my constant companions ...my shadow and the love of my life!

 Wishing you a very Happy New Year!


Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!
                                              
                                                     Sharing this post at these great parties



2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice idea.great blog.thanks for sharing it.
https://www.sprycandles.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Great post - superior colors and design again this year! You rock, Janet.