Saturday, January 18, 2014

Salt Dough Hearts and a Valentine Vignette in a Terrarium

The day to celebrate romance is getting near and it was time to play around with hearts. 
Salt dough Valentine's with words of love to hang and display became my creations with an added touch of glitz.

The assortment of hearts then became my props to display for this post and now off to the shop they will go!

A mix of accents create romance and glam, with paper lace, rhinestone hearts and fluffy, little feathers.

The dough was stamped and the holes were made prior to their baking,

The words were selected hoping to sell some as a pair :)

These are especially dear to my heart....a "Savage Garden" hit from 1997!

And who can resist these favorite expressions of the heart?

or these?

Here they are on display in our kitchen's bay window....just for my "shoot" of the day.

I'm keeping winter in the house through Valentine's Day, this year.

I love my precious, little snowmen and I'm not ready to put them away!




I love using our terrarium for so many different vignettes and seasonal displays.

The little love birds were our very first ornaments that we purchased together.

Last year's Terrarium of Love can be seen here...if you have the time ;)

Vintage hearts from my collection...a rhinestone pin and foil wrapped chocolate add a little "candy for the eyes!"

Love~Love~Love


I need to make one more with...."intimacy"...when two become one.
It's my all time sentimental favorite!!!
Monday will be a day of pillows....hearts of course! Ones that I've been wanting to do for over a year now...I'm gonna have to keep one of them, too!

  Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!

 To see more of my holiday inspirations you can check out my November & December 2013 and 2012 archives that can be found the left of this page!

 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you.

8 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Oh These are so sweet,you have inspired me to make some now.

Unknown said...

Hi JP!
I leave my winter and snowmen up till March too. You indoor winter is absolutely cosy. Remember Weds. Garden Party.

deb said...

These are so sweet! The perfect Valentine Treasure
*hugs*deb

chateau chic said...

Your hearts are adorable and look so pretty sprinkled around your winter decor. I'm one of those crazy people who likes winter, so I'm not longing for spring just yet.
Mary Alice

Debbiedoos said...

Now that is some serious sweet cuteness right there! I love it JP!

farmhouse-story said...

it's been years since i played with salt dough--your hearts are adorable, jp:) happy weekend!

Kathy said...

These are gorgeous! I haven't made salt dough in a very, very long time! Beautifully done! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Crafts a la Mode said...

Featuring you, JP. These are adorable!! Love them. I love all things Valentine's. :) Linda