Saturday, September 21, 2013

Our Fall Mantel in Our Carolina Home

Fall decorating is not what I'd thought I'd be into, this early, here in North Carolina. But, with all the decor that's been out in the stores and appearing all around blogland, I just had to tackle our mantel today.

Want to take a peek? Then...Welcome, Come on in!

Rich fall colors, wood, burlap, crystals, pearls and brass.

Saving money and re-cycling last year's stash meant going with traditional fall colors again this year. They work really well, anyway, with the colors in our valances....they're not my fav....but, since we're in a rental they're working for us for now!
 My camera skills are still in need of improving....the low light in our living room forced me to use our overhead lighting, today, which is why the beautiful, buttercream walls look sickly in these pics to me :(

I keep switching from brown to white candles...brown is just so rich for fall and white just seems to balance my white pumpkins down below.

A chippy, old shutter is a backdrop off to the left.

I do like this mantel but, I must admit I loved our white fireplace, from up north, even more :(  
You can see another example of that one here, too!

Here's the full view and "Gucci", too!

 I love my antique melon basket filled with fall picks.  I used them on last year's mantel and tablescape, too!

To the left of the hearth is "Grandma's" old chair with my Favorite Fall Scarf!

I upscaled my wreath from last year...that post is here.

Pumpkins, pearls and burlap in my antique, bushel basket on the hearth.

 A burlap banner, that I whipped up last minute, was a late addition to the fireplace decor....it didn't make it into my earlier photo shoot and already edited pics for this post!

Another full view with the banner added.

 Now, just sharing a few more things from around the room.
This is my, very special, 1800's, hand painted washstand...the very first gift that my honey bought me for our home!

 A simple touch of fall on my favorite, Shabby Glam Washstand.

It's my most viewed post!

A white washed ladder fills an awkward corner.

And here's a makeshift end table for my "honeyman's" side of his couch.

I'll be painting more furniture over the weekend, adding a vignette to our kitchen decor and doing a wee bit of outside decorating, too. I'll be back again to share more of those with you, soon!


Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP


 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall

Joining these great parties @ 

theshabbycreekcottage  

betweennapsontheporch  

adelightsomelife

thriftydecorchick  

redheadcandecorate  

creativehomeexpressions  

lifeonlakeshoredrive  

5 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Beautiful decorating--and the dog is adorable!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I love the different elements you added in. That is one cute dog!

Thanks for linking up to The Creative Home & Garden hop. : )

farmhouse-story said...

love your fall touches, janet! and your washstand makeover is just adorable!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I think your mantel looks just lovely, JP! I really like the old chippy shutter.

Kathy said...

JP, your home is absolutely marvelous - love your mantel decor - your grandmother's chair!!! The wash stand - beautiful! All together lovely! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy