Saturday, March 15, 2014

No Sew Lampshade Cover

I was wanting to do something with my lampshade for a long time. Priorities come first and what to do, that would be fast and easy, just weren't coming to my mind. 
Well, finally, something really, really easy popped into my brain!

It started with this scrap of leftover fabric

cut into "eyeballed" strips

with some ribbons of lace and scripted cotton.

The old, boring, lampshade from my past Valentine's Day post.

The only effort involved in this easy re-do was cutting lengths of the ribbon and "eyeballing" the width and length of the fabric strips, knotting the ends and hot gluing them to the inside, top edge.

I can take them off, without any damage, when I'm ready to try something new.

I'm happy with it's new look on my shabby, old washstand....my most viewed post on it's re-do is here.

I love the slightly raggy look!

A simple, little vignette with "grandma's" red, baby shoe.

This sentimental plaque was a $2 Goodwill find. I miss my Goodwill from back home...the $2 lamp and $20 washstand came from there, too!

Try this project with fabric and ribbons that fit in with your decor....the possiblities are endless!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!


Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you!



5 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love it! Adorable! I actually have a board on Pinterest for lampshade ideas...pinned!

Crystelle Boutique said...

This is super cute! I love the knots at the ends of the strips! you go girl!!!
Have a very terrific week!! :)
x Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

monkey said...

i was scrolling around and saw this and had to stop and look what a difference it made on the lamp...love it and easy peasy too perfect in my world thanks for posting it xx

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautiful project!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Heaven's Walk said...

What a darling idea, JP! So cute! And it looks just perfect on your chippy, shabby washstand, too. :) Thanks for sharing a great tutorial - and idea!!! :)

xoxo laurie