Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fireside Romance and a ValentineTablescape

First, I must tell you that my honey finally got my me new camera for my birthday, this weekend...no more grueling editing for me! The clarity, lighting and focus of these pictures were all taken in the auto mode of my  Nikon D3100 and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait 'til I really learn how to use it!

Now on to my post:

Formal Dining usually takes place at our large, round table in our kitchen. However, this time, I thought it would be fun to dine, by fireside, in our living room.
That meant moving our coffee table closer to the fireplace to create our
"Fireside Romance"
Tablescape


Red roses, a vintage, white ironstone, pitcher on an 1800's, brown, transferware plate filled with decadent, dark chocolates create the centerpiece.

Gotta love the Goodwill for my 99c score!
Placemats were created using two, white, battenburg lace, café curtains for a layered look over my ruffled, country floral table cloth.
Note the depth of field of the glasses and images in the background!

Red plates layered with my favorite, vintage, brown transferware between.

Same photo with some pretty, white hearts added with Pic Monkey editing....inspiration from Bella @ her gorgeous blog Bellas Rose Cottage

More notable depth of field in this shot...remember, this is just in auto mode!
Heirloom, silver flatware from my Grandma Bea! 

And the finale with a little touch of pink heart bokeh with some more editing from
Pic Monkey.


Incase you missed it....you can see my entire Valentine Mantel post here!

21 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty table setting, Janet! I've been debating setting up a table closer to our fireplace for our Valentine's Day dinner. Yours looks so romantic.

Designing Lady Jane said...

Lovely photos, beautiful vignettes. I esp. liked the way you wrapped a single red rose in the napkin. Definitely romance in the making.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Very Romantic!The perfect setting for a Valentine's dinner. I plan having Valentine's dinner fireside, as well.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

What a perfect setting JP. It is just perfect for a romantic evening. I love the little ironstone pitcher with the roses.

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So pretty. I love the brown transferware with the red. it's a wonderful combination! Romantic!
Karen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. What a beautiful tablescape and the setting by the fire is stunning. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Diane said...

Beautiful photographs and you did a glorious job of decorating for Valentine's Day - wow. Thanks for sharing!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is so gorgeous and the mood you created is wonderful!
I love the table close to the fire, perfect!
Cindy

Shirley said...

I love meals by the fire. This is a lovely post.

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi! this is my first visit to your blog via Susan's Tablescape Thursday. Congratulations on your new camera! I got a new Nikon very recently, too, and I'm trying to get used to it. SO many buttons and features!!! You did really well with the auto feature, so there's nowhere to go but up from here! Your romantic fireside dinner photos turned out really nice!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

There's nothing like red roses for Valentine's Day, and yours, tucked in the napkins, were a great romantic touch. Nice photos too! Zuni

The Howell Blessings said...

Very pretty table. I have never seen the utensil pattern before and I LOVE it!

My honey got me a Nikon D7000 at Christmas last year and liked mine so well he went out and bought himself one. Now he takes all my pics for my blogs (for now) I'm still learning how to use it in my spare time and he is obsessed with learning his. so I let him teach me haha!

Love your shots and your table! Thanks for sharing

Miss Mindy

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Such prett ideas..........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Marlis said...

Beautiful photos.. Love the table topper and dishes. How wonderful to have that heirloom silver. xo marlis

Ruth said...

Everything looks gorgeous!! Congrats on the new camera. The pictures are amazing.
Ruth

PJH Designs said...

I know you're just tickled pink with that new camera! Love, love, love your table. Everything is beautiful and I'm with you about Goodwill. I've found some great items there. Thanks so much for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

This is so very pretty! The details are just so lovely. Thank you for sharing this at the Make It Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Barbara F. said...

Lovely tablescape, I love the chocolates surrounding the flowers. Visiting from Kathy's blog, A Delightsome Life. xo

Lulu said...

A new camera is exciting even with the learning curve it poses. Have fun experimenting. Any table in front of a fire is going to be a favorite for me.

Kathy said...

This is really a gorgeous, romantic tablesetting. I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday, I appreciate you sharing,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...love the red hearts on the crystal...