Friday, October 19, 2012

My Genuine, No Sew, "L'il Bit Shabby" Pillow!

I love accent pillows and make them when I can, but when time, money for materials and fabric on hand are short.....you gotta make do!
So, I love to move things around a lot and when I find more than one perfect spot a replacement is needed to fill the void! 

And this chair, definitely, needed a"quick fix" to fill the spot where I stole the pillow from.
  Here it is without the pillow!  :(


 This is where I love it, now!
I made the pillow to match my ottoman.

 So, I found this pillow (not my style) @ the Goodwill for just under $2 and planned to cover it with some of the leftover fabric. Low and behold...there wasn't enough. Just a scrap barely big enough for a "bow."

So, for now, I flipped it over, wrapped the burlap scrap around it, tied it in a "raggy knot" and added a rhinestone pin.
  
VOILA...a totally, "No Sew Pillow" saved the day!

 My "No Sew" and "l'il bit shabby" replacement!
I know it's not a spectacular creation, but it is still really, really cute!

 In it's new spot.

  Short and sweet... it's TGIF for my hard working "honey" so, that means..."date night."
Gotta go get ready to make him "swoon!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
hmmmm...wish I had a red wig!
;););)

Joining these wonderful parties @

 http://lifeonlakeshoredrive.blogspot.com/2012/10/party-time-bouquet-of-talent-linky.html

 http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/

http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/2012/10/potpourri-friday-46.html

 http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2012/10/feathered-nest-friday_18.html

http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/2012/10/home-sweet-home-89.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:%20TheCharmOfHome%20%28The%20Charm%20of%20Home%29

http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com/2012/10/creative-inspirations-linky-party_17.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed: 

 

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute and clever! I love moving accessories around the house too! I have lots of "voids" to fill though! Haha!
Blessings,
Amanda

TinaA said...

I turned out beautiful! Great tip!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your pillow--your ottoman is great too!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Jp,
Love your purse pillow, so adorable
and looks great in your new spot,
love how you twined the fabric or scarf around the chair too. Looks great! The other pillow is cute too
and was a great addition in the cozy chair.
Hope this finds you well and happy,
and that you had a fun date night.
Blessings, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

In answer to your question:

Neither of them knew, they went for the sonogram and they didn't look while she was checking for the gender,
then they take a sealed envelope from the Dr. to the bakery that tells them what to make, so they don't know
until they cut the cake..............they were so surprised it was a girl, my daughter in love went pronto to get
the envelope to make sure they hadn't made a mistake. lol

Have a great weekend,
Nellie

Unknown said...

clever clever ... love it !!! have fun tonight =)

Pam said...

Well, I do this alot. Moving things around and then I end up with the dreaded missing piece. You had a very clever idea and it worked out so divine! Love both pillows! xo's Pam

Unknown said...

I love your pillow! It looks fabulous. Your ottoman is awesome, too! Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. So thrilled to have you. Hugs