Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Two Southern Owls

I thought you might like to see the new, burlap, owls that I found recently and fell in love with!

When we first moved in our new home we were spending a lot of time in our screened in porch enjoying the peaceful surroundings and sounds of nature. We soon started hearing the mating calls of nearby owls and were enjoying them by day and night. When I came across these adorable owls I knew that I just had to have a "couple" to adorned our porch.

The lichen encrusted branch, found easily, from our yard seemed like the perfect thing to perch them on.

Some closeup details.




This is where they swing in the breeze.


This is where we sit and watch them sway!

These are some tiny ones that I found and perched on swings to sell in my new, shop space :)
 Just, toooo cute!

Gotta get working on a repair to my sewing machine...I've got some new orders for two more crib mobiles from my other Etsy shop. A "Rockstar" and a "French themed Poodle" mobile.

Love, Hugs & Kisses,
JP

See a fabulous DIY here and create your own!


This post was honored with a feature @


Sharing @ these great parties





8 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your owls! How cute they are! I saw some similar recently and passed them up.....now I am regretting it! Love your blog also. Visiting from Adorned from Above and following you via GFC!

Lady Pamela said...

Your owls are fabulous. My little craft group has the owl as a mascot. These remind me of my friends.
*Smiles*

Ivy and Elephants said...

So very sweet! The owls are perfect on their new perch.
Hugs,
Patti

MixedKreations said...

I can see why you had to have those little owls, they are adorable. They look perfect sitting on that branch. Thanks for sharing.

Linda @Mixed Kreations

Transformed Tuesday said...

JP those owls are just the cutest things and your shop is great thanks for directing me to it. I appreciate you entering a post for Transformed Tuesday.

Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Designs

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

I saw your lovely owls at Bouquet of Talents' Linky Party. They were so cute that I was inspired to make my own. I will be posting shortly on how I made mine and I do credit you, along with your photo of the owls, for the inspiration. Thank you, Gail@Purple Hues and Me.

ibshell said...

Adorable! Love that you put them on a swing made from your yard. Who can resist a darling owl made of burlap?!

Klaudia said...

Your owls are fabulous. I Like ist...

Greatings from Germany,

Klaudia