Sunday, July 26, 2015

Come Gaze at our Mid-Summer Country Style Window


It really was a whole lot different when it was my, early summer, herb garden
The plants were struggling to be their best and it was time for a change of view.

This tablescape and centerpiece were my inspirations to make some changes and bring some farmhouse style to the window.

I hung my, straw, market basket in the window and filled it with red, faux geraniums, daisies, and hydrangeas.


I always love to see pics, like this one, that show our yard in the background.


A, rustic, naked frame surrounds my tiny rooster print in an intentional lopsided manner.


I used my dad's, red windsor, chair (from when he was a toddler) to hold this country vignette.



Vintage firkins and an"egg crate," that I made from an old wooden box, are displayed to the right adding mpre farm house styling.

A white ceramic rooster proudly sits on top.

A collection of, Strawberry Fields, saucers and a potted violet are tucked inside the rustic white washed crate.


50 cents each is all I paid for eight of these. red transferware, vintage pieces!

A Pfaltzgraff bowl turned upside down is a base for my potted plant and my, white ironstone, creamer is handy for watering the last of my window plants.

The bowl is part of our dinnerware collection.

I liked the way it mimicked the colors in the basket hanging from above.


Our window has given us so much joy over the past 2 years. If  you
enter "bay window" in my search bar it will show you many posts of
each Holiday and season for you to see!

I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful summer with you family and friends...we are and I just wish that it would never end!

7 comments:

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Love your country window vignette, JP! And what a treasure in displaying your Dad's childhood chair! You're so lucky to have this!

Tarnished Royalty said...

Great job on your "egg crate". The whole vignette is just darling. And lopsided is good. ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Unknown said...

Hai, Janet! You did it again: caught my attention with something so unusual in front of the window. Love that filled basket with flowers. You have this amazing ability to marry inside and outside. Brilliant. Thanks so much for linking, mezmerizing me and cheering me up. See you next week Sat/Sunday again I hope! ~ Great week, Rose

Stacey said...

I love what you did in the window. The touches of red and perfect. Love the little chair!

Chelc | Inside the Fox Den said...

How lovely! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday, hope to see you again next week!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Your window vignette is so lovely. You have some great piece. So warm and inviting. Love the chair from your father's childhood...priceless! xo

Ivy and Elephants said...

It is always a delight to see your window display, so fun!
My favorite is the wheel barrow. What a perfect spot to decorate!
Hugs,
Patti