Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentine Love Heart with Sweater Flowers

Making a Valentine Love Heart with Sweater Flowers
This was my project that started with a bunch of grapevine heart wreaths in my "to do" pile.

 
This is the cute, little wreath that I made from a scrap of leftover, "Love" printed burlap, a red sweater and a string of pearls.

 
 
I centered the burlap inside the wreath.
 
and just hot glued it onto the back.
 
made some sweater roses.
 

like this....

 
I just cut even strips from one sleeve.
 
then twisted and rolled it
 
tucked the end into the back
 
and glued it securely into place
 
 voila...they turned out like this!

Now, it's part of our mantel décor...with lots of LOVE around our living room!
 
I've got so-o-o many projects going on and ones that have been posted be sure that you are linked up with me to see my latest posts or check my January archive for more hearts and Valentine's Day projects that you may have already missed.
Leave me a message and I will follow you, too!
 
Now, moving on to making more hearts of love for sale and for our décor!
 
Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
 
Joining these great party hosts @
 
funkyjunkinteriors
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! What a great idea to use old sweaters to make flowers. I could see these being other colors, too.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Janet, very creative and perfect for Valentines. I should have kept my old sweaters...

sheerserendipity said...

Hi Janet, Great use for old sweaters and scraps! Very pretty!

Junkchiccottage said...

JP,
So pretty. I love the flower made out of the old sweater. So cute. What a great way to recycle old sweaters.
Kris

Stacey said...

So pretty - ingenious!
Thanks for sharing - have a blessed week!
Stacey of Embracing Change