Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ladder of Love 2013

This was last year's project for Valentine's Day...I called it our
"Ladder of Love" 
I've used ladder's in my décor for some thirtyish years, in a variety of ways, but mostly to display towels, blankets, hang herbs and pots in the kitchen, etc. Now, I'm having fun using them as a seasonal showcase.
This one had been in our garden for about 15 years... just last week I asked my "honey" to rescue it, from it's certain demise, and bring it inside for me to preserve.
Here it is decked out with bits of Love!
I have intentions to dry brush this one to match the one that hangs, in our living room, nearby.
Now, here are some of the Bits of Love on display!
Great Grandma's crochet lace doily, my "Shabby Glam" Heart Wreath with a paper, doily flower on a coat hanger frame...that post coming soon!
A cherished card clipped with grandma's vintage earring and my sweet, little birdie perched on a rail.
 Another memory of love.
 And finally a white, paper lace, hearts on a garland... trimmed with gold buttons and pearls.

I hope that you enjoyed today's edition of my Valentine's Day décor...please, stop back to see
more!

Coming soon...

2014 Love on a Ladder
Til next time...

Love Hugs and Kisses,
JP

Now joining these great parties

onemoretimeevents  

romantichome

commonground

thecharmofhome

twosucculentsisters

theshabbycreekcottage

frenchcountrycottage

stonegableblog

knickoftimeinteriors

linda-coastalcharm

adornedfromabove

nominimalisthere

staceyembracingchange

diybydesign

jenniferrizzo

5 comments:

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi JP,
I love all your sweet valentines, but the clip earring for a clip is soooo cute, great idea!
Hugs,
Bella

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh I love it! Your Valentine's Day decor is so romantic.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely.
Visiting via Succulent Sisters.
XOXO's,
Marcia

Cathy C said...

I love your ladder! I have been wanting one myself.. still searching those thrift shops! Found you over at Show and tell.

Crafts a la Mode said...

Hmmm.. really didn't like this, JP.... I LOVED IT!!! I must have. The ladder is genius as a shelf also. Thanks for sharing. Linda