Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Birch Bark, Fresh Greens & Glam on Our Front Door


Well, today, I started playing around with my Christmas decor. I just couldn't hold off any longer!
I'm a bit overwhelmed with projects planned and which ones to work on first. I tend to flip flop from room to room finding inspirations, having "light bulb moments,"jotting down notes and writing lists of things needed to get them done.
Needless to say today the house was a mess!!!

But, this is one thing that did get done.

Our old, white birch, pocket got a new coat of white paint and some fresh cut greens from the yard.

It looked like this in 2012.
You and see the flashback post...here.

Next, I finished it with a pretty, red bow

and a key with some rhinestone glam.

Simple and sweet.

One project down and a ton more to go and oh, I've got our Christmas Eve dinner for 16 to plan! 
What theme should I go with this year? How will we fit seating for all of our guests in our small kitchen space? What tablecover should I use? Do I have enough to complete each place setting? I need to borrow chairs!

Gonna go write more lists!!!

 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!

 


Thank you to Stacey from staceyembracingchange  for featuring this post!


6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is so pretty, Janet. I love this holder and I like that it is something different from the standard wreaths you see.

Babs said...

Your birch basket is gorgeous. Love the gorgeous bow and the ornate key. So pretty!

Linda said...

I love it! My house, too, is a total mess at the moment and I keep telling myself it will all get done and be worth it in the end. Keep calm and decorate! Lol
Wishing you a blessed thanksgiving,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, its so pretty! I like the way your mind works! The key is perfect.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Patti

chateau chic said...

Oh I do love your beautiful door decor! The white with the fresh greens and bright red bow is so festive and pretty.
Mary Alice

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such a pretty touch to your front door. Love the greenery with the red bow. Enjoy the rest of your week. xo