Saturday, January 27, 2018

Spring Fever is the Only Fever that Feels So Good!

I've been lucky to have escaped the flu, once again, so far this year, but I did just get a little touch of spring fever. 
Thankfully, it just came in the form of pacifying my urge to see some colorful flowers on our mantle for a change.


Ranuculus  are my favorite flowers, so popping a few, very colorful ones, in my clock box gave me just the "ahhh" that I was after.

Ahhhh!

A few spring  budding branches and some other little buds completed the theme.

Pearls always add a touch of glam.

A pair of  salt dough hearts added a touch of Valentine's day to the birdhouse vignette on the tiny farmhouse milking stool.

Tiny copper wire lights, from Christmas, might stay up year 'round.....they just look so magicall.


 A little touch of spring sits on the coffee table....

with a vintage heart shaped lock tucked in.


The window in our kitchen shed it's wintery look, too with more ranunculus and a little bird hiding in the Christmas cactus as the focal point.


I made a little centerpiece that you can  try with something that you may have. Raising things up always adds a bit of interest to a centerpiece.
I used a large stoneware compote and inverted it on top of a large white platter to make a unique plant stand. It's the perfect attraction for our sunny window.

And I was finally able to put this $6 vintage tablecloth to use. It makes a nice black and white accent underneath the cactus arrangement.



A chippy bird sits in a nest of bookpage curls inside a little stoneware butter pat.

The chippy old window just added a little something extra for background interest.



Gone is the burlap swag that was entwined in the valance...new herringbone bows add to the black and white theme that's been added to the room.
It's one of the most simple window displays that I've done and I like it!

The heart garden plaque is always on display somewhere around the house whether inside or out. I'm sure you've seen it before. It now has a more sentimental hold on us than ever since the passing of our dear Crissy who gave this to us many years ago. She passed on to heaven almost one year ago this spring...:(

I still have one, wee little, touch of winter that's hanging around. Ijust can't seem to bear putting my little snowmen back into winter storage. Especially since I spotted the perfect place to let them have one last show and tucked them into their new hangouts.
 One in the little canvas pouch...
and the other in this rusty hanging heart.... perfect for a touch a Valentine's day that's coming soon.

 Now that spring is done inside I'll be concentrating on making some new signs to put up for sale. It will keep me busy since it's not quite springlike for me to tackle any major changes outside, yet....we've still got a few more weeks to go!
Love, Hugs, and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!

  

Sharing this post at these parties


3 comments:

Unknown said...

The tiny touches that melt my heart. So sweet, Miss Janet!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I think we're all suffering from the same fever! The other day I must have stood for a good ten minutes just staring at the gazebos and summer garden decor already out at Big Lots! Love the fairy lights - they add such a warm touch along with the bright and happy flowers!

Bàn Cầu Một Khối Inax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.