Friday, May 19, 2017

A Forgotten Tablescape with Daisies

I thought maybe you might like to see this, long forgotten post, from the summer of 2013 when we first moved into our new home in N.C.   
 I can't believe that I forgot to share it with you!
*********

We met a wonderful couple when we first moved into our North Carolina home. Mike and Eileen were the first ones to welcome us, to our new neighborhood, with open arms. A thoughtful bottle of wine with an immediate invite to come over to sit on their porch and see their gorgeous inlet view. 

An immediate friendship was made and a hospitality payback was due! 



 Daisies were the featured highlight, on the table, for our evening of getting acquainted.


My favorite, red and white, tablecloth from Country Living and daisy napkin rings were the inspiration for the beginning of summer tablescape.

  A trio of white ironstone pitchers held daisy and hydrangea bouquets.

 The daylight pics were really pretty.
 I so wish that I had taken some by the gorgeous candlelight!


A single, vintage, candlestick adorned with jute and twine complimented the centerpiece display.

Four, ivory damask, place mats (just $3 from the Salvation Army) added another layer to the place settings with daisy napkin rings.

Another $3 find...three sets of vintage, silver plate, salt and pepper shakers in a tiny, one inch, size.

"Grandma's," silver plate, flatware came out to show off their splendor...

as did her sparkling crystal.

 I see a lot of changes in the room since we first moved in.

 A collection of brown transferware in my wheelbarrow was my simplest bay window display that I've done.

 "Chef Ralph," you know him as my honey, made us his "to die for" chicken Francese. He makes it with sherry and little, secret touches...it's always a tender, juicy, mouth-watering hit!

The meal was a success and a bond was made, that keeps us close, with our dear, sweet friends to this day!

 Love, Hugs, and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!



Sharing at these great parties

shoestringelagance  
craftsalamode

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU are too much!! We love being your friends and adore your thoughtful words in this post, JP! Your kindness and supportive ways are precious to us and you shall forever be invited to sit and chat on the porch!

I clearly recall that gorgeous table setting and wish that I had your talents! Special girl, fantastic hubby!

srpprcrftr said...

Very pleasant gorgeous room with your beautiful table full of love. Love your wheel barrow with brown transfer ware. Did you find all your transfer ware in NC? From what have seen on blog land there is good supply of many treasures still to be found and for affordable prices.
We lived in Bowling Green, KY area where antique/vintage stores were plentiful, What an awakening to wonderful treasures. Had same plethora of great shops when we lived in Helena, MT area.KY especially had much of transfer ware,but for some reason I wasn't interested in it then. Sure regret that as now I love it. Transfer ware not as prevalent here in western CO, Grand Junction area or I just haven't found it. Antique stores aren't as numerous in this area which I sure do miss. We spent alot of time browsing in antique and vintage stores in both KY and MT, still enjoying many pieces we found.
Have lovely weekend