Thursday, May 14, 2015

Our Front Door Basket is Now Red, White and Blue with Lady Bug's, too!

It was time for the tulips to go and give our door basket a new look. Since Memorial Day is right around the corner I decided to go with something a little bit red, white and blue and add some ladybugs, too!

This is how it has looked since the first sight of spring. That post is here

 I found the ladybugs in Walmart a while ago and have been saving them for a summer project. When I came across them in my stash I knew that I couldn't wait and had to use them. I can always get some more!
 I wanted it to have a nice white bow and didn't want to use plain ribbon. 
So, I used a cheap, white, flour sack towel that I had on hand. I cut two lengthwise strips from it and then attached them together to make a long enough length to wrap around the basket. Since it had a knot that showed (in just the wrong place) it gave me the idea to cut little strips and just add more knots.

 That gave it a really unique look and I like it a lot!

The little lady bugs are scattered all around, here and there.

It is a perfect prelude to Memorial Day and summer.

These are the "sit upon's" that I made two years ago...if you missed them, they are in my post here.

Gucci is lovin' the beautiful weather that we are having around here. I hope that you are enjoying some beautiful weather, too!

  Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!
Can you see him? He's playing "peek-a-boo!
 

10 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

What a beautiful front entrance,! The basket is so cheery. Looks like Gucci is enjoying life.

Crafts a la Mode said...

Already pinned, JP, to my WREATH board. I love it!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How pretty, Janet! You could probably leave that up through til 4th of July even.

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

Awww! So cute! I bet you'll get many compliments on it thru-out the summer.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning JP,
Love your new door basket, so cute,
and love love love the love bugs.
I also get such a kick out of love bugs when I see them, which is a rare occassion unfortunately. Just have to
pick them up and let them climb up my hands and arms and watch them a bit. lol So need to look for some faux love bugs.......lol

Well, you are all ready for Memorial day and 4th of July.........

Hope all is well with you and
Have a great day hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Sum of their Stories said...

The basket is beautiful - both versions but I do love the bright colours for this time.
In the UK we call them ladybirds - makes no sense I know but there you go - lots of things here don't make a lot of sense! What ever they are called they are VERY cute.

Ann said...

Beautiful basket - you are set for summer!
Ann http://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Your door basket is so pretty - I love the red, white and blue and those little ladybugs are adorable. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

The Charm of Home said...

Looks lovely! Thanks for linking with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So pretty, love the ladybugs!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy