Friday, December 19, 2014

Re-wind to New Year's Eve 2013 a Celebration in Blue & Gold

I'm re-winding to New Year's Eve 2013.....the celebration was a hit and this post didn't get to make the rounds before New Year's to give you some ideas for your own bash...so, maybe this year!

 I was delighted when I was asked to assist in decorating the clubhouse, in River Run Plantation, the community where we have been residing for the past 1 1/2 years, now. 
Reservations for 30 was planned, so what a thrill it was to be able to create some beautiful, decor on a large scale and a wee bit nerve racking...a first time biggie for me!

I designed and ordered this special banner and beautiful new clock to be used for years to come.
  I always edit my photos using Pic Monkey's editing tools. It's a free website @ picmonkey.com

Since I love to play around with editing I upgraded to their Royale package to take advantage of their fun upgrades....it's worth the monthly $4.99 fee for me!
  Frost is one of my favorites to apply along with some fun bokeh effects, like the stars in the two photos above.

The clubhouse is such a great place for meetings, activities and a wonderful space to entertain! 
 
Here's another pic of the space with some changes using exposure, sharpening and frost. 

Isn't the clubhouse lovely all decked out in carribean blue with silver and gold?
 The band soon fit perfectly, in the corner, under the stars.


Seating areas were re-arranged for groups and intimate conversations...

and even a space for the guests to dance.








This pic has radiance effects.



I had a lot of helpers to assist with the execution of the decor. DIY, chair covers were cut and adorned by many. Plastic, dollar store, rectangular tablecovers were used to transform the plain folding chairs into elegant ones for around 50 cents each.
You can see more of how I used them in my Christmas post here!

The Christmas tree was re-decorated with hats and horns and co-ordinated decor.

And I highlighted the star on top of the tree with a little glare.... a fun touch...don't you agree?

A little lens flare, with more bokeh stars, was added here adding a fun festive touch.

This edit was done using the lipstick tool.


And then more of the same, by adding more highlights, to the centerpieces candle flames.

One of the centerpiece pics with a simple, film grain, touch.

More lens flare was added to the ornament in the centerpiece below.

Film grain, exposure and sparkle bokeh add some punch to this simple vignette.

Hats and horns waiting to be worn sat on the dividing wall.

Some lens flare editing was done here with highlights to the star on the chandelier.

This phenomenal cake was a feast for the eyes and the taste buds, too! Created by River Run's special cake decorator, Sandy Wolfe.

And then entertainment was enjoyed, for the celebration, by all!
 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!



  Sharing this post at these great parties
astrollthrulife
adelightsomelife  

2 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

So beautiful JP! I love blue and white Christmas decor. My husband and I were just reminiscing about our past Christmas lights. One year while we lived in South Florida we did all blue lights on our pink house. I love it...looking back, not sure what we were thinking LOL. But I would do it again. Merry Chirsmtas.

Debbiedoos said...

P.S. I do know this was for the New Year..I was just saying, I love blue and white lol!