Sunday, June 22, 2014

Vintage Yard Decor and No Sew Patriotic Denim Banner

I've been taking a break from crafting and blogging and enjoying the sun, our pool, the ocean, good food and good company. I've been getting some long overdue exercise with my buddy, Carolyn, at pilates, walking and some bike riding. Water aerobics is on my list this week, too :)
 Now, I'm back today to share this banner that I made for our Memorial Day gathering. It's gonna be perfect to use for the 4th of July and Labor Day, too!

Old jeans, craft paint, a few stencils, painter's tape, clothesline rope, and some red beaded trim from my stash, along with some hot glue, made my easy patriotic banner.

First, cut the fabric of your choice for your banner, then paint your stencil design. Then, simply fold the top edge of the denim over the roping and hot glue spacing each pennant evenly apart.....
No sewing at all!

Hot glue or use fabric glue to add your trim of choice into place.



 It's hanging out front of our house, now. It will stay up until after the 4th!

Now, here's a peek around the yard at some old antiques that I use for planting.

This is my old, "Fitchett Brother's" milk box from Poughkeepsie, NY.


These are our "No Sew Sit Upon's" that I made last summer. They really do cushion our butts on the hard, brick steps!










Even "Gucci" likes a cushion!
  


 My new wheels and lawn decor!



 I think our neighbor's see Gucci here a lot!

Well, I'll be back next week to share more of my new old bike with you. It's a vintage Hercules "klunker", as my sweet friend, Kathy, says...LOL!

  Love, Hugs and Kisses,



JP
and Gucci, too!



Visiting Southport,  N.C? be sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you!

    
 Sharing this post at these great parties

ivyandelephants

  wecallitjunkin

  knickoftimeinteriors

cedarhillfarmhouse

kathewithane  

lifeonlakeshoredrive

craftsalamode

stonegableblog

5 comments:

Candy S said...

I love all of the vintage and metal touches in the yard. It looks like home! The banner came out great. Thanks for the inspiration..... Candy

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, your yard looks beautiful all decked out for the 4th of July! I love the banner and all your vintage yard art. Lovely!
Hugs,
Patti

Art and Sand said...

the banner . . . your entire yard . . . the bicycle . . . all so fun.

Anonymous said...

I love that banner, and your vintage items for planters, too. The whole place looks great!

cheap artificial Grass said...

It's really amazing. You are doing very nice work. I like your hard working. It's all about latest trending of decoration. We also providing home decoration services in UAE. We offer huge variety of Artificial Grass Dubai