Sunday, September 22, 2013

French Grain Sack Inspired Bench

I love all the french grain sack creations that I see everywhere...
and this little bench with it's, country, green stripe was done by "mois!"

I found it at my favorite, little vintage shop... see it on facebook here.

I found it in it's original state like this.

Old and primitive with lots of rusty old nails....love it!

But, I really love the dry brushed finish with the green, french grain sack, stripes!

with a sweet, fall, country vignette.....I just love country!

Now, off to the shop, in Southport, it will go!

Now, I'm off to work on another post for fall with my score of Sheraton dinnerware, by Johnson Bros.!

'til then....enjoy this beautiful, early fall weather!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP

 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall


A very special 
"THANK YOU" 
to
April over @ housebyhoff 

and

Kathy @ the-chicken-chick  
for featuring this post!


Sharing this post @ these great parties

creativehomeexpressions

the-chicken-chick

sunnysimplelife

myturnforus

staceyembracingchange

diybydesign

savvysouthernstyle

thededicatedhouse

knickoftimeinteriors

cedarhill-ranch

myuncommonsliceofsuburbia

adelightsomelife

confessionsofaserialdiyer

betweennapsontheporch

bystephanielynn

11 comments:

Karen said...

That is a great bench, it was good before but now it's fabulous. Those dishes are gorgeous what a great find.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow, love the bench! I wish I lived close to southport, I'd snatch it up!!

Excellent job

Debbiedoos said...

That turned out AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Love the bench, but WOW, those dishes
Are wonderful. Hey, Hope you can join my personal blog
brownginghamcreations.blogspot.com to join me for Rednesday Wednesday

Junkchiccottage said...

JP,
I love the bench it turned out great. The dishes are a great find too.
Kris

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Love the french grain sack stripes on your bench. And the peek at the china. Mmmm.
Joy

Unknown said...

Love the Bench!

Abby Lawson said...

Very cute! Love the colors you chose, too! Thanks so much for sharing this at Get Your DIY On! Hope to see you on Sunday with your spray paint projects! Have a wonderful day!

~Abby =)

April Hoff said...

Thanks for linking up to the "Get Your DIY On" Link Up Party! Choosing it as one of my featured projects on Sunday!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great piece, Janet! I love those dishes.

Thanks for linking up to The Creative Home & Garden hop! : )

Art and Sand said...

Love your bench and the shade of green you used. I did a bench last summer, but reprinted it when it changed rooms.